Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12
RECOMMENCEMENT OF CHURCH SERVICES AT SOUTHWICK AND BOARHUNT
We are pleased to announce that services at Southwick have recommenced as follows:
Southwick: . Holy Communion held at 08.30am and 10.45am and Evening Prayer monthly at 6.30pm.
Boarhunt: 16th August 2020. Services will recommence from this date. There will be Holy Communion at 09.30. From then onwards service times will follow their customary weekly pattern.
Face coverings during worship
In England, face coverings are currently required by law to be worn in shops, supermarkets, indoor transport hubs, indoor shopping centres, banks, building societies, post offices and on public transport. From 8 August, face coverings are also required by law to be worn in a greater number of public indoor settings including places of worship, museums, galleries, cinemas and public libraries. Please bring a suitable face covering to wear during the service. There are valid exemptions for some individuals and groups to not wear a face covering in these settings. In particular, those who are leading services or events in a place of worship, and those who assist them (for instance by reading, preaching, or leading prayer) do not always need to wear a face covering, although one should be worn especially if physical distancing cannot be maintained (i.e. distributing consumables). This exemption does not apply to worshippers, who should wear face coverings consistent with the requirements for any other public space.
The Government has offered advice and applied conditions for the conduct of public worship to which we will adhere for everyone’s safety. Please note the following procedures and adhere to them if you plan to attend any of the services:
- TEST and TRACE. Everyone who attends a service will be asked to provide their name and telephone number upon arrival so that they can be contacted by Test and Trace officials if there has been potential exposure to infection. The information will be confidential and our process will adhere to the strictest GDPR Data Protection Legislation. We have a legitimate interest in making and keeping these records for 21 days after they are recorded
- For the purpose of social distancing the maximum number of attendees at Southwick is 30 and at Boarhunt is 18. To avoid disappointment please be sure to book a place for any service you plan to attend. Please try to do this as soon as possible by contacting:
Southwick: Simon on 07905 318016 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Boarhunt: Edwina on 07480 793951 email email@example.com
The following precautions will be in operation at all services:
· The building will be well ventilated throughout
· There will be music but singing is not permitted
· Holy communion will be administered as bread only for hygiene resons. It will be delivered to communicants in their seats and dropped into their hands without contact
· There will be no sharing of the peace or any other form of physical contact
· There will be a ‘one way’ system in operation at Southwick. At Boarhunt the church will be filled from the front and will be emptied from the back. Available seats will be clearly marked for social distancing purposes
· The use of service books is not permitted under the guidance. Single use service sheets for congregational participation will be provided and should be removed and disposed of by individual worshippers
· There will not be a formal cash collection. There will be a receptacle for cash near the church door on exit for those who would like to give in this way.
· Face Masks .From 8 August, face coverings are required by law to be wornin places of worship.There are valid exemptions for some individuals and groups to not wear a face covering in these settings. In particular, those who are leading services or events in a place of worship, and those who assist them (for instance by reading, preaching, or leading prayer) do not always need to wear a face covering, although one should be worn especially if physical distancing cannot be maintained
Avoiding isolation At the onset of the crisis Jim Watson, chair of the Parish Council, invited a handful of people from the community to meet together (socially distanced) to discuss a coordinated plan to care for people as the need arose. A special careline was set up, volunteer CRB checked responders were identified and several hundred leaflets delivered explaining that people could telephone the careline on 07534 770164, should they need help with shopping, prescriptions, other practical matters, or just to chat if they were feeling isolated. There have been relatively few requests or calls, but the line remains live, should anyone have need to call it
Your affectionate friend and chaplain,
Click on the Church Guides below for a viewing of Southwick and Boarhunt Churches.
For more information go to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries please ring the Chaplain on 023 9238 0802
Find out more about the Southwick Estate at -