Southwick Village - D Day

SOUTHWiCK HOUSE WAS REQUISITIONED DURING WORLD WAR II FOR USE AS A NAVIGATION SCHOOL FOR THE ROYAL NAVY.  IN 1944, IT WAS USED AS THE HEADQUARTERS FOR THE D DAY INVASION, HOUSING THE FAMOUSE MAP ROOM USED BY ALLIED COMMANDERS TO PLAN THIS EXPADITION.  SOUTHWICK VILLAGE COMMEMORATED THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF D DAY BY ARRANGING VISITS TO THE MAP ROOM AND PROVIDING 40'S STYLE EVENTS AND A PRESENTATION WAS DRAWN UP TO EXPLAIN THE ROLE THE VILLAGE PLAYED DURING THIS GREAT EVENT AND THIS WAS SHOWN IN THE VILLAGE CHURCH OF ST JAMES.

THIS PREENTATION IS SHOWN IN THE FOLLOWING ATTACHMENTS:

1  SOUTHWICK VILLAGE

2  EVENTS LEADING UP TO D DAY

3 EVICTION FROM SOUTHWICK HOUSE

4 A VILLAGE AT WAR


Southwick Village
Webpage icon Photography at Church and Village Events
Webpage icon Southwick Parent & Toddler Group
Webpage icon SOUTHWICK VILLAGE
Webpage icon Tribute to Elisabeth Gale